One of the writing resources I use with my 5th grader is Giant Write Every Day . I don’t use it every day, but it does make for nice writing prompts when I want to refresh his writing. Since I pulled out a page for him today, I thought I’d use the same prompt for today’s slice.
Write five reasons for having a pet.
1. They snuggle you when you are sick. (If I’m sick, I want to just be left alone).
2. They cover you with kisses. (Gross!)
3. They can mostly take care of themselves. (Right?)
4. A pet fish never asks for much!
5. You can use the pet as an excuse to get out of almost any situation.
Write five reasons for lettuce.
1. You can use it in place of buns on sandwiches and burgers.
2. If there wasn’t lettuce, I wouldn’t think of my brother naming a baby rabbit “Taco” because it eats lettuce.
3. Tacos are pretty bland without lettuce – or tomatoes.
4. It would be pretty hard to eat a salad without lettuce.
5. Lettuce makes any meal healthier!
Write five reasons for wearing shoes.
1. My feet would get extremely cold in the winter!
2. Shoes hide my mismatched socks.
3. The lift in my shoes keeps my shorter leg balanced with the other.
4. Bare feet would look pretty silly with a fancy dress.
5. You can find so many cute options for shoes!
What would you add for reasons to these lists?
I’m taking part in a monthly blogging challenge through Two Writing Teachers.